Avoiding Terrorism at home and things you should consider!
Hello my friend and welcome back! The deadly terror attacks in France and now Belgian has once again brought terrorism to the forefront of the news. It also speaks to the fact that no one is completely safe anymore. We all need to vigilant in our day to day lives and this is the subject of today’s post so grab a cup of coffee and have a seat while we visit.
At the time of this writing, the death count in Brussels stands at 34 with 200+ wounded and I have no doubt that it will go much higher before the final count is reported. These were everyday people like you and I and were just going about their lives not thinking about the evil that was lurking in their country. They opened their country and hearts to the Muslim Refugees and this is how they were repaid for their kindness. All of us here at American Preppers Online will keep these poor Belgians in our thoughts and prayers as our heart goes out to them. They did not deserve the evil that was put upon them.
With the hundreds of thousands of Muslim Refugees that President Obama and our treasonous Government has brought into our country, without proper vetting, it would only make sense that we can expect to see the same thing happen here in America. Just like in San Bernardino…. only on a much greater scale. Our Government has failed to protect us and we must now look to ourselves for protection. Do not think for one minute that the police will come to your aid in time to prevent you from being a victim because they won’t, their hands are tied.
It is now up to us, and there are things that we can do to protect ourselves and the ones we love. The following are my thought on this:
- Avoid large crowds – This is one case where safety in numbers just isn’t true. I have to tell you that as an American, not being able to go where I please, really makes me mad. That just isn’t the American way, but it is reality. If you feel you really need or want to attend a large gathering, then you must keep your eyes open for people with hoodies over their face or wearing coats in warm weather, etc. Be aware and move away from any unattended backpacks or boxes. I would report them to any security personnel that you may see. Regardless, move yourself and those you love as far away from it as possible and stay there. It may be nothing, or it may be a bomb or worse. If you are in a large crowed, always be on guard and aware of your surroundings.
- Never go anywhere unarmed – Terrorist count on their victims being unarmed. That’s why they tend to attack buildings that are in a “Gun Free Zone”. They are cowards and want to inflict as much pain and suffering as possible. Now you may not always be comfortable carrying a gun, but there are other self-defense weapons that you can have with you at all times. One of these is a knife of some kind. Whether you carry a neck knife, a pocket knife or a boot knife, always have some way of protecting yourself from an attacker. Other items include items like Pepper spray, a Taser, or even a tactical writing pen that is designed for stabbing or gouging your attacker. Do a little research and you will be amazed at the items available for self-defense that are on the market!
- Never go anywhere alone – While large crowds are bad, being caught alone in an isolated area or even a store parking lot could leave you vulnerable. Find a friend to go with you especially if you are a woman as Muslims are known for attacking woman when they are by themselves. If you are alone, position yourself where your back is to a wall so that you can see anyone coming toward you.
- Learn Self-defense – This is key to surviving an attack whether you are a man or a woman. There are an abundance of classes out there to take advantage of. Everything from Karate to kick boxing or some simple self-defense classes offered by organizations such as the YMCA or the local Police Department, as well .
- Situational Awareness – This is probably the single most important thing you can do to protect yourself from becoming a victim of a Terrorist attack. Simply put, it means to always be aware of your surroundings, and I do mean always! Whether you are out for dinner or shopping, always be aware of who is near you, what is near you and where is the quickest way to escape should the need arise. If you hear someone yelling that they are looking for “Allah’s Snack Bar” then leave the area as quickly as possible! This is a good sign that something really bad is about to happen!!!
Remember, it is up to you to protect yourself and to do that, you need to prepare and be aware! Well I guess that is it for today’s post and I hope you have enjoyed it and find it useful. Until next time, stay safe, stay strong and stay prepared!
- -The Sargent-