10 really good reasons to store Natural Raw Honey in your preps?
Hello, my friend and welcome back! Today we’re going to take a look at Natural Raw Honey and just why you should have lots of it in your preps, so grab a cup of coffee my friend and have a seat while we visit.
Now, I know that many Preppers out there have your own Beehives, and are well acquainted with all of the great reasons to keep it in your preps, but for those who don’t know, this will be a real eye opener.
Humans have been eating honey for thousands of years, and probably as long as the little critters have been making it as well. Now, I’m not talking about that pasteurized crap they sell in most major food stores, but the good stuff that you can find at the local farmers market and even directly from the Beekeepers themselves. As far as I’m concerned, if it isn’t “Raw” honey, then you can keep it. The difference in flavor is incredible and now raw honey is the only kind I will eat.
OK, let’s get down to business and start looking at what all you can do with honey and why it’s so important.
- It’s a Brain Booster – Did you know that it has been proven to contain natural antioxidant and therapeutic properties that are able to help prevent Dementia, as well as helping to improve the brains chronologic clock and circulation? It does.
- It’s a Natural Antibiotic! It has antiseptic properties that inhibit the growth of certain bacteria and helps keep external wounds clean and free It kills athlete’s foot fungus – If you have that old itchy, burning stink foot? Honey has been proven to cure it as well. Who knew?
- Kills Yeast Infection – Yes, honey has been proven to kill a yeast infection. I don’t even want to know how they found that out!
- Soothes and helps Heal Sunburns – Its antibacterial properties prevent infection and functions as an anti-inflammatory agent. It also absorbs water from the air to help promote healing.
- It helps Heal Sore Throats. – This is one of the more common uses for honey. It works because of its antimicrobial properties, which kills some of the bacteria that cause sore throats.
- It is an Immune System Builder.- Because if its antioxidants, it helps build a healthy immune system.
- Honey is also great for your Digestive System. – I bet you didn’t know that? Yes Sir, it helps soothe the digestive track while also providing the probiotic properties to help your intestines to do their job.
- Helps Prevent Cancer and Heart disease. – Honey contains flavonoids; antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Helps Regulate Blood Sugar. – Yup! It’s exact mixture of Glucose and Fructose actually helps your body regulate your body sugar better.
- Skin Care – Talk about being someone’s sweetheart. Mixing it with other ingredients, honey can actually have moisturizer properties while helping to kill germs.
Honey has been used in India for over four thousand years as a major part of their medical practice. Honey certainly has some incredible properties and is definitely worth a place in your preps. If you worried about it drying up and getting hard, don’t. Simply heat it while stirring in a couple of drops of water and it will return to former glory. Roll a piece of hardened honey in a piece of foil and put it in your Bug Out bag so you will have it when you’re out hunting or hiking.
Like I said, don’t buy just any honey, buy raw honey from your local area and you will enjoy the anti-allergenic benefits of it. Given the long history of honey and all of the benefits it offers, everyone should keep a large stockpile of honey in their preps for when SHTF hits. Even if you have honey bees, you should still keep a large stockpile on hand because you never know when you may need it.
Well, that’s it for today and I hope you have enjoyed today’s post. Until next time, stay safe, stay strong, and stay prepared. God Bless America!