Review: 3V Gear’s Ranger 36 Padded double gun case.
Hello, my friend and welcome back! My friends over at 3V gear sent me a special item to review this week, their Ranger 36 Padded Gun Case and let me tell you this thing is NICE. You’re going to want to hear this so grab a cup of coffee my friend and have a seat while we visit.
Seller & Price: 3Vgear.com website, for only $64.99
Product Description: With plenty of space for 2 long guns and multiple handguns the 3V Gear Ranger 36 Padded Double Guncase is the ONE bag that will handle a small arsenal of shooting or hunting gear. Designed with extreme field use in mind, the heavily padded case with padded wrap-around edge guard will protect your finest firearms and stand up to the harshest abuse.
Carries Tactical Shotgun, M-4 Carbine and weapons not over 36”
- Rugged 600D PVC polyester construction
- Water resistant
- Detachable padded and adjustable backpack straps
- EVA foam padded sides and internal center divider
- Front Velcro ID panel; includes an American Flag and 3V Gear logo PVC patch
- Weapons are secured via internal Velcro keeper straps
- Large zippered front compartment (24” x 10” x 2”) with two padded pistol pockets
- Interlocking zippers allow you to add a lock to the zippers to secure your firearms
- Exterior: 3 pockets for ammo and range gear
- Exterior pocket measurements: two pouches; (9” x 5” x 2”) and single (9” x 7” x 2”)
- Overall measurements w/external: 36”L x 12”H x 8”
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
First impressions: WOW! This case has more compartments and MOLY straps than I have ever seen on a canvas gun case. I just couldn’t wait to do the testing on it and see how it holds up. The rear packing straps are a very nice touch as well.
Type of testing done: To start with, because it had straps for carrying it on your back, I decided to test them first by placing 50 pounds of weight in the main pouch and bounced it up and down about 50 times. Stitching showed no sign of giving. I would expect nothing less from 3V Gear Products. Next the tree test. I placed the same 50 pounds of weight in it and this time had my friend drop it from a height of about 20 feet several times and still no signs of wear Now since this case is designed to protect guns, I decided to place a piece of toilet paper in each pocket and then wet the whole thing down with the water hose to simulate getting caught in the rain. Now I wouldn’t recommend submersing it in water, but in this test, not a single piece of toilet paper got wet. Now I expected that one or two of the outside pockets would get wet, but they didn’t. I did, however, need to hang it up and let the outside dry afterward, but that would be true with any canvas bag.
PROS: Tough and durable under use.
- Water and rain resistant.
- Backpack style carrying straps
- Loaded with compartments for storing everything you need from ammo and handguns to rifles and cleaning supplies
- Tough durable zippers which did not give way under testing.
- Foam padding protects your guns.
- Velcro for attaching unit patches or whatever else you want.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY
CONS: It only comes in black. (Bummer)
Conclusion: I have seen and used a lot of gun cases in my life, but I can honestly say that this is one of, if not the best one, I have ever seen. It is tough and durable and unlike so many others, it has tons of pockets and MOLY straps for attaching, even more, pouches to it. While I do wish it came in tan and OD green, I still have to give this case 5 out of 5 stars! This thing rocks!
Closing: I am happy to add this Guncase to my collection and even use it to keep my primary weapons in when I go to the range. This is one great case at one incredible price. Get yourself one and you won’t be disappointed.
Well, that is it for today and I hope you have enjoyed this review. 3VGear.com has a whole line of great products at prices you won’t beat anywhere check them out and let me know if you don’t 100% agree. Until next time my friend, stay safe, stay strong and stay prepared. God Bless America!