Hello, my friend and welcome back! HowToDrillAWell.com sent me a copy of their video on how to drill your own water well in your backyard and asked me to review it. Grab you a cup of coffee my friend and have a seat while we visit.
Seller & Price: The two disk video can be purchased from HowToDrillAWell.com for $29.95 .
Description: The DVD takes you step-by-step through the drilling process from assembling the drilling rig all the way through to finishing your well! Drilling a well CAN be an easy, inexpensive process – even to someone without a great deal of technical know-how!
First impressions: At first look, the product looks very professional. It comes with a small booklet and a nice looking package with two CDs in it. The CDs appear to be professionally done and the artwork is very nice. I have high hopes for this video.
Testing Done: I read the booklet and watched both CDs.
- The system they present works, there are pictures on their site of people using it with success.
- The instructions are simple and easy to follow.
- It will show you how to drill a water well and help you locate the materials needed to do so. You will need to rent a large commercial air compressor and about 200 feet of air hose if you don’t own them or have a buddy that does.
- You can purchase almost everything you need to do it, on their website.
- You will also need a good water supply for running the drill. You could use portable tanks on a trailer for the water supply, if there is not any locally.
- You will need to have a drilling bit and air powered motor before you can start. These can also be purchased from their website as well.
- The CDs feel like they are an infomercial for their equipment and supplies.
- The person talking on the CDs keeps repeating things over and over.
Conclusion: If you have the stamina to make it through the CDs, you will learn a lot about drilling water well. It will still cost you upwards of about $800 to actually do it though and it will be a shallow well at that. But if you have no water at all…you may want to do that. You will need the help of several friends as well. This is not for the faint of heart and is a time consuming, grueling process, to say the least.
When I first started doing reviews, I promised to give an honest review of all products and that is still true today. If you need to drill a well, this is one option, but the seller needs to work on their video. It’s very hard to get through. For that reason, I’m giving this product three stars.
I must say that it pains me to give this such a low rating because it’s obvious that the seller tried hard to do a professional job of producing the disk. Yes, you can drill a well using their technique. I think I will hire a professional and pay the little difference for getting it done by someone else… but that is just me.
Well, that is it for today and I hope you have enjoyed today’s Review and until next time, stay safe, stay strong, and stay prepared. God Bless America!